Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Year 12

I got some interesting feedback from a previous post about 'role modelling' of our older learners. The comments were probably warranted.

But something is different for teenagers around 16 or so. They see their role as individuals in the school as quite different and are developing an understanding of their place in the world. I have always found people of this age wonderfully stimulating with their energy and thought.

With that age group not in our school for four years it is great to see things happening based around their enthusiasm and ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your appreciation of that age group came thru loud and clear in the original post, and when you were teaching me. I dunno what you were like at 16, but I guess I just write as if you were a high school friend of mine too.

With that in mind, I'm pleased that it seems I still come
across as quite harmless! All the best for your trip into a very
intriguing part of our planet indeed, and a safe return.