Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some interesting posts

Those of you are little older, about my age can identify the changes that have occurred in computer technology. Two interesting posts one looking forward and one looking back.

The history of memory storage gives a visual picture of how computing storage has changed. Way back when I was at university in the late 70s we were the last student to use punch cards. We were also told as it happens (by the university professors) not to do computing because everything had been done. This was pre-PC, the Internet was not even a word, and Google was just a big number. I listened to them, I wonder how my world would be different if I had not.

The second post is about super fast internet being developed at CERN laboratories in Europe. The entire Rolling Stones back catalogue in 2sec. Bring it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!