Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Feedback

After my presentation on Monday for the Ministry I got very good feedback. I got emails, txt messages and verbal feedback. But only one comment on my blog.

I feel that for many in positions of deciding the future of education they are still trapped in last century's technology. Where is the future? My belief in it being around Web 2.0 technologies means that educational leaders need to be using this to find out how it works if nothing else. I don't mean the future is learning how to use Web 2.0 technologies, but learning in an environment based on collaboration, instant information and communication, and control of knowledge.

But it is not happening. No blogging, no social networking, no flickr, no wikis, etc. We think by using email we are modern but email is very much last century's way of communicating. My children never email for instance.

Interestingly email is not the new way. An article about the problems of email suggest it is not suitable way of communicating. In my immediate team no one is allowed to email. It's ability to miscommunicate instead of communicate is huge. so we have banned it my team. communication is now so much better.

No comments: