Thursday, April 19, 2007

Moving on

I have not written for a while because of the distractions of the Easter break and preparing for an upcoming ERO visit. Two things have occurred which have brought me back to the focus of learning in this time.

The first is Will Richardson's book titled Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms which I found wonderful. This gives a great insight into how these technologies can be used in the school.

The second is my oldest daughter, Annie, aged 14. She was using messenger to communicate with two friends at one time, while also have a text conversation on her phone. The surprising thing was that the conversations were all connected and it was as though she was just a conduit for the thoughts. If she is able to do this socially then what could she achieve educationally?

She is now hankering for a myspace account, which I am persuading her she needs to be older to have.

These two issues have sent me forward again on the journey to establish more technological solutions at my school.

No comments: